Friday, February 10, 2017

Breakfast Stackers and UYW

Each month we, those participating in the  challenge, are given 5-6 words or phrases to use in a story, poem or verse of our choice. Sometimes these words are easy to work with and flow with something that has recently happened. Other times they are a real challenge, have nothing in common and seriously tax our brains. After this new frugal recipe you will find my words and how I used them, then you find links to the other bloggers. Be sure to check them out, we have a wonderful group of bloggers who are very talented and whom I am honored to call friends. Even if I do stand in the shadows of their talent.

Breakfast Stackers
This recipe was created one Sunday morning when I was very hungry and very limited on breakfast items. Not wanting to go to the store and then cook, I decided to be frugal and use what I had on hand. The result was a delicious dish. Check it out:

4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup leftover ground beef with taco seasoning
1/2 bag of seasoned frozen waffle fries
1/3 cup finely shredded Italian cheese mix
1/3 cup bulk pork sausage
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Bake the fries and set aside. Heat up the beef and sausage, stir in the beaten eggs and cheese. Cook until done. Now stir in the cheddar.
Place the fries on a plate, top with egg/meat mix and sprinkle with remaining cheese. **Also topped with a corn relish salsa! YUM
ENJOY 
Your words are:
tablecloth ~ chili ~ Superbowl ~ half-time show ~ football ~ boycott
They were submitted by:  http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com        

During football season there was a player who continued to sit down during the National Anthem. Many dedicated football players talked about a boycott of the NFL if the powers that be did not require him to stand.
In a form of boycott or taking a stand for her disapproval of the president, Lady Gaga performed for the half-time show at Superbowl 51. It was rumored she would say "F you" to the president and/or flip him off. I am happy to say she did neither. I do believe she made her voice known but she did it in a peaceful way. she expressed herself, show cased her talent and gave a great performance.
During the game I had company over but no tablecloth covered my table, as I have no table. So food was set out on the counter in a buffet style. No chili either, but hot wings, pizza, sausage balls, chicken tenders, a veggie tray, chips and dip. Nothing fancy but filling.
My team did not make it to the Superbowl but they did make the playoffs. So as for the SB I had no investment. I did however root for the Falcons as I will NOT cheer for the Patriots. No way no how. #RaiderNationBaby
Peace out
Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them. 
Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:
Baking In A Tornado                        http://www.bakinginatornado.com
The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver 
On the Border                           http://dlt-lifeontheranch.blogspot.com/   
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy             http://dinoheromommy.com/ 
The Bergham Chronicles                  http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com  
Confessions of a part time working mom      http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/
Not That Sarah Michelle                         http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com  
Climaxed                                       http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com     

10 comments:

  1. Tough game but my team won. AGAIN!
    Love the recipe. Like breakfast nachos. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you could call them breakfast nachos, whatever you call them, they were delicious.

      Delete
  2. Great job with the words! Between reading yours and Karen's posts, I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't cheer for the Patriots either...ever! Great job with the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I cheer on the cowgirls before the Pats. LOL

      Delete
  4. I will never, never, never, NEVER cheer for the Patriots. I loathe them. I live in Raiders Land, but I'm not a fan. I'm an hour from them. This recipe looks AMAZING. A breakfast I would DEFINITELY eat!!

    Great use of your words!! Sounds like you have a great Super Bowl party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love my badboys of football. Derek Carr is a great QB and a very respectable young man.

      Delete
  5. I heard Lady Gaga did well. Didn't care for either team this year.
    Why don't you have a table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Due to the flood, I lost most everything I owned. Starting over...again. A table is on my list, just not top priority.

      Delete